Thursday, December 2, 2010

Giving Thanks

This time of year is the greatest, isn't it? It begins with Thanksgiving where we get the opportunity to look at our lives and really acknowledge how lucky we are, and then spend the next month or so full of parties, family, food and, of course gifts!
I think too often that we take for granted all the great things in our lives. It's so great to be able to slow down for a minute and appreciate it. Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed with just how lucky I am (Since about October 14th to be exact...) I have sooo much to be thankful for this holiday season!
I have to begin my list with my baby and my husband. I feel so lucky to be a mother to the most amazing kid ever! I could never really picture myself as a mom, or that it was something I really ever wanted. But now that he is in my life, I can't imagine how I could have ever lived without him! It seems so natural to take care of him and absolutely love every second of it! I hate when I have to leave him, even if it is just to go to the store for a couple minutes. He is in perfect health and is gaining weight like a mad man! We couldn't ask for a better baby and I am so grateful that he is in my life!
My husband is the greatest man in the world. It's been almost 5 years and I still am ridiculously in love! At times he frustrates me so much that I just want to scream, but I couldn't imagine my life without him. He still makes me laugh every single day and I couldn't ask for a more patient man. He puts up with my faults and loves me anyway. There is no way I could have gotten through the pregnancy and delivery without him.
He was by my side the entire time and such a great support to me. I am so glad I had him there to hold my hand every step of the way. My favorite part of every day is when we are both home, getting ready for bed, watching TV and cuddling with Mayzie and Lincoln! To me, that is Heaven!
One of the things I love most about him is that he is such a great dad! Nothing makes me happier than seeing my husband adore our son. He just loves that little Link so much! Sometimes I can hear him talking to Link while he is changing his diaper
or giving him a bath in his little cutesy voice and it makes me smile every time. Since I have gone back to work, Tom and Link get to spend that whole time with each other and I know that Link is in the most capable, caring hands that he could possibly be in.
Our little family wouldn't be complete without my little Mayzie Day! She lights up my life! Such a happy girl! Always so excited to see us! She doesn't really get the attention she used to get anymore, but I am still so grateful to her and the happiness she brings to us!

I could go on and on about all the things and people I am grateful for, but this post would be about 80 pages long. I sure am a lucky girl!!!!

No comments: