Monday, May 24, 2010
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe from Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur
1 package active dry yeast (¼ oz size)
1 cup warm milk (105-110° F)
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1 tsp salt
4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 ½ Tbl cinnamon
1/3 cup margarine, softened
8 Tbl margarine, softened
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
¼ cup (2 oz) cream cheese
½ tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1. For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
2. Mix together the sugar, margarine, salt and eggs. Add flour, and mix well.
3. Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour. Put in a bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in size.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough flat until it is approximately 21 inches long and 16 inches wide. It should be about ¼ inch thick.
5. Preheat oven to 400°F.
6. For the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spread the softened margarine evenly over the surface of the dough, and then sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar evenly over the surface.
7. Working carefully from the top (a 21-inch side), roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
8. Cut the rolled dough into 1 ¾ inch slices and place 6 at a time evenly spaced, in a lightly greased baking pan. Let the rolls rise again until double in size (about 30 minutes). Bake for 10 minutes, or until light brown on top.
9. While the rolls bake, combine the icing ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy. When the rolls come out of the oven, coat each generously with icing.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
In November, my extremely talented roommate from my freshman year of college took some pictures of Tom and I. We hadn't had any professional pictures of us since our wedding and wanted some to show off how damn good-looking we are!!!! :) She is amazing and did such a great job! Here are some of my favorites that she took. Thanks again Bekah!