Apparently I suck at this. Considering how often I am on the computer, you would think I would get the time to update my blog. But it doesn't happen. Sorry, maybe I'll get better at it someday.3. I graduated from the University of Utah with my Bachelor's Degree in Accounting just last weekend. It was a looooong time coming, but at least it's over now! If I want to get my CPA, I will still need to get my Master's Degree, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
So, I guess it has been almost a year since I last updated this. A lot has happened in that time. I will just give the short and sweet version of it all I guess.
1. The biggest life changing event that happened in the last year is that we found out we're pregnant! Our little baby Norman is due October 19th. I can't believe it's really happening. I still just look like I ate too much, a little bit of a baby bump, but not so much that you can tell that there is a baby in there and I'm not just extra chubby.
2. The second event that changed our lives was that our sweet little Netty passed away on December 30th. It is still so hard for me to handle, I miss her so much. I should just be grateful that I was blessed with the little angel for as long as I was, but she was the biggest comfort to me in my times of need and now when I need her most she is not here. My goal is to post another blog about her within the next week.
4. We moved from a 2 bedroom apartment into a 3 bedroom apartment to start getting ready for little baby Norman. Tom's sister Hillary is still living with us. Tom and I always said that after I graduated, we would move out of state to establish an identity of our own little family and to experience life outside of Utah. Tom still wants to do this, but I am hesitant with the baby on the way. We will see where life takes us, I guess.
5. I was laid off from my job at Parsons Brinckerhoff in May of last year and got a job at eBay. I met some amazing people, but a call center is not where I want to be, so I got a job at Precision Corporate Services in February doing bookkeeping for small companies.
6. Tom got a job at Overstock.com doing customer service. He was quickly promoted to a "Seal" which is basically a mini-team lead. A couple of weeks ago he was moved off of "front line" customer service and moved to technical support which he enjoys a lot more.
I guess that pretty much catches you all up on our lives! That's all I've got for now.